Professional Reader

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Book Review: Divergent (2) Insurgent - Veronica Roth. 4 Star Review

Fighting for survival in a shattered world… the truth is her only hope.
The thrillingly dark sequel to No. 1 New York Times bestseller, DIVERGENT.
I have done bad things. I can’t take them back, and they are part of who I am.
Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.

I enjoyed this book, and find myself really believing in the world that Veronica Roth has created. It’s a full, well rounded universe that opens up more and more with each chapter.
The main character, Tris, is your typical self-centred teenager with the weight of the world on her shoulders. She’s a character that you want to take away from the horrible situations she finds herself in and protect her from what is going on all around her.

I didn’t enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed book 1, it seemed a little slower than the previous edition but I enjoyed the opportunity that gave you to get to know other characters. This in turn helped round off the world and ultimately make it much more believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment