Professional Reader

Monday 17 August 2015

My Own Great British Bake-Off Challenge

So with the Great British Bake Off back on TV I thought I'd challenge myself to make one item each week that was made on the show. I'm sure lots of people are doing the same but what is different about me is that i'm making the items allergy friendly. My little one is allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts, chickpea and lupin, so I'm sure you can appreciate how hard it is for her to enjoy some of the more popular treats you can get. 
Week one saw the contestants making Madeira Cake. So here is a picture of my version. Now anyone who knows the recipe for this will know that it has eggs in. I substituted the eggs for lemonade, and this was the result. Didn't  taste too bad, even if I do say so myself haha 


No comments:

Post a Comment