Professional Reader

Wednesday 19 August 2015

My Own Great British Bake Off Challenge, PT 2

So, last week The Great British Bake Off set a challenge for the contestants  to make Arlette biscuits. puff pastry rounds, filled with cinnamon and sugar. The contestants made the puff pastry before rolling it out, filling it, and rolling it up. For an allergy household this was by far the easiest recipe to adapt, avoiding eggs and butter, and so it was this one that I made for my own bake off challenge this week. The result is below, and they were pretty tasty. But I admit I didn't make the pastry myself, as making a butter free puff pastry would be a challenge too far. For, did you know, the justrol puff pastry is dairy free! In fact, most of their products are! And If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, I'll also post a link to their website. If you look into it you'll be amazed at the things that don't have milk in, but you'll also be amazed at the things that do.

No comments:

Post a Comment